Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lucas Quotes

Lucas' inner dialogue is so funny and cute when he speaks his conflicting thoughts out loud. And thanks to Laith and I, who make every inanimate thing speak in high voices to Lucas, he's got some issues to work out! :)

* "I'm eating chips!", says Lucas, while leaning in closely towards his half-eaten hot dog.
Laith: "Who are you talking to, Lucas?"
Lucas: "The hotdog."
Laith (sensing the potential for some awesome silliness) says in a very high voice while making the hotdog dance on the plate: "Can I eat your pickle please?"
Lucas, seriously: "No, it's too big for you"

* While tears stream down his face, making their way towards his mouth and in a crying voice: "My tears are saying, 'Eat me!', but I don't want to eat them!"

* While playing by himself in his room: "Peshintoque" (or some other non-sensical word). "No, I don't want to make that sound!!"
"Peshingtoque". "No, no! Not peshingtoque!"

* In a sweet voice, requesting a drink: "Where arrrrrrrre you applejuice?"

* Lucas also has recently made up an imaginary friend named Quinneal who seems to get to do things that Lucas can't do. It's a pretty cute bargaining tactic. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is the best blog post ever. i am laughing so hard i'm crying

Cheasty said...

oh my god - "my tears are saying 'eat me,' but i don't want to eat them!"

priceless. :)

Cheasty said...

god, that kid is too cute for words. how do you stand it?!