Tuesday, November 1, 2011
(we took so many great photos that I need to break this up into 2 posts!)
The kids LOVED having Meemom play with them and make great memories together.
We also enjoyed great weather and fun activities.
Lucas was so excited for me to paint his face like a red kitty
at 10:32 AM
Friday, October 14, 2011
Me: "What do you hope to get for your birthday this year, Lucas?"
Lucas: "Ummmmm, a cheese knife!"
Me: "Okay.... what else do you want?"
Lucas: "A giant robot as tall as you are, Mommy! And it has lots of dials and makes us breakfast!"
Me: (not sure he gets the concept on what are normal types of presents...) "That would be really cool, Lucas! But what kinds of things would you like to get that we've seen in a toy store?"
Lucas: "Pretend scissors!"
Me: "But you already have REAL scissors."
Lucas: " Yes, but I don't have pretend ones yet!"
Me: (I give up) :)
at 2:37 PM
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Happy Birthday our happy, silly, playful girl! We love you!
Sophie's Favorite Things:
Toys: balls, music-makers, bikes
Activities: Swinging and bouncing
Foods: strawberries, popcorn, avocado, zucchini muffins, and Chipotle rice and beans
Games: peekaboo and chase
Friends: Lucas, Lucky the monthly photo dog, and her soft blanket from Auntie Laila
The Stats: 18 lbs, 12 oz, 29 inches tall
Sunday, October 2, 2011
Saturday, October 1, 2011
Lucas claimed some packaging material for cape-making.
And he needed a superman-style badge telling everyone who he was!
And an empty dish soap squirt bottle to fight the bad guys.
Does Super Kitty fly or have a vehicle like batman has the batmobile?
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Closing in on ONE YEAR!!
Lots of developmental leaps and bounds again this month!
* She's said her first words: "Dadadadadada" for Laith and I, and "ball" for her favorite toy of all eternity and back. This little girl is obsessed with any kind of ball!
* She's cruising and pushing our coffee table around the family room as a do-it-yourself walker. :)
* She's also started to become much more animated and clear about what she wants and doesn't want and will protest when she's unhappy about a choice we've made for her (though it's only a one or two second long squawk, so she's still quite easy-going!)
* She initiates games now- like chasing her, peekaboo, etc.
* She loves trying to put hats and shoes on herself- cutest thing ever to watch!
at 7:36 AM