Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hello Goodbye Party

My good friend Ravyn hosted a lovely party for us before we left town. It was very aptly named, "Hello Goodbye". Hello to Baby Vincent, Goodbye to Austin. A few friends joined us at one of our favorite breakfast spots for brunch and an amazing carrot cake afterwards. Ravyn designed it herself and submitted the drawing/specs to the cake lady at Whole Foods! It included Texas Mountain Laurel flowers across the top and a nest of birds- each one representing each of our family members plus a little egg (Baby!). It was so nice to get to say goodbye to those dearest to us before we embark on our next adventure and to get some awesome gifts that enabled us to bring a little of Austin with us to Virginia. From Kerbey Lane pancake mix to a Mellow Johnnies (Lance Armstrong's bike shop) baby onesie, we'll be displaying our 'roots' at our new home!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to say hello the baby vincent in person! I wish I could be there to help you now and with the transition to 2. But I will do whatever I can by email and phone and video chat! I'm thinking of you guys. Enjoy these last weeks as 3. Savor your ability to love on Lucas exclusively. But privately, make room in your heart for baby Vincent, as I know you already are and have.