Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Elusive Garbage Monster



I finally captured it on video- the Unpredictable Garbage Truck. This is Lucas' absolute favorite truck. Not even a schoolbus or excavataor gets him this excited. Just look at that super-cool robotic arm that lifts our trashcans! We run outside when we hear it rumble down the street and point, mouth agape. However, the past month or so, Mr. Garbage Man has not been coming down our street at the usual time. Every Friday, we wait around the house, hoping we'll catch it before we give up and leave; only to return and find our garbage has already been collected. This time, I was ready. I kept my video camera on in the car in case we passed a garbage truck so I could film it for Lucas to watch whenever he's fussy. :) This guy was particularly elusive. I followed him a couple blocks where he would pick up a few cans, skip a few houses, and then turn down another street. Lucas and I got out of the car and ran ahead to station ourselves for the garbage can show TWICE (that's in and out of the carseat twice) only to be thwarted by his willy nilly collection pattern. We finally caught him 5 blocks away. Woo hoo!

No comments: