Sunday, March 1, 2009

16 months



I must credit Liz's Bodhi Blog here because each month when I prepare to do Lucas' "State of the Baby Address", I read Bodhi's first for inspiration. :) He's 3 days older than Lucas and it's always fun to see what changes and developments are going on in their world.
As is typical, I suppose, there's a whirlwind of growth during the 2nd year of life that for some reason takes me by surprise as Lucas turns from a baby into a boy. I marvel at all the things he can do and delight in how much fun he's been lately. As cute and cuddly as they are at the baby stage, I'm not very much of a 'baby person' and have been looking forward to this time in Lucas' life ever since I was pregnant with him. I imagined having a little boy who could play with a hose
and jump through a sprinkler outside in the summer, dig in the dirt and help mommy garden, play chase, kick a ball, and play pretend games. Now, all those things are being realized. Yay! So, here's a list of the new things Lucas has been doing since his 15 month update:

* He can blow bubbles in his milk!

* He can play pretend games and makes his stuffed animals, puppets, and dinosaur bath toys "eat" his food. Here he is with Bodhi and Ravyn, feeding a very hungry Bert:

* He rarely lets us feed him anymore because he can handle forks and spoons by himself!


* He can play on toddler-sized play structures by himself- getting up on platforms and going down slides.


* He's graduated out of his crib and into a bigboy bed as this allows cry-free bedtimes and naps. When he wakes up, he gets out of bed and takes with him whichever stuffed toy had the privelege of sleeping with him as he comes to find us.

* He can point to human and various animal body parts including head, ears, eyes, nose, mouth, lips, feet, hands, and toes.



* He can follow simple directions such as "bring mommy your shoes" or "put the teddy in the truck".

We can't wait to see what changes month 16 will bring!

2 comments:

Amy E. said...

He looks so grown up. I have to say, I'm not much of a baby person myself and I remember really enjoying this stage with Elise. It's wonderful to watch them discover the world at this age.

Novice Nester said...

Those photos of him at every stage are so precious. That was such a good idea to pick a neutral and static place (like your big white chair) and make that the backdrop for his growth! Brilliant.

Thanks for the offer in the comment you left me! Consider me the new owner :) And for the future, you can email me at fahrenthold@gmail.com. Thanks again!