Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Pregnant bellies

I feel so much more incapacitated, heavier, and bedraggled this pregnancy compared to when I was carrying Lucas. I'm barely exercising at all because I'm so fatigued and generally feel like a big pork chop. :) With Lucas, I was doing prenatal yoga 2x a week, hiking, swimming laps, and had a great social life. However, with Lucas I was sick and nauseaus with a variety of specific food cravings/aversions whereas with this pregnancy I haven't been sick at all but have had a general aversion to food and water (ack!) and I have a severe cow dairy intolerace. It's been hard not to feel down on myself. But now that I've dug up a photo of myself 23 weeks pregnant with Lucas, and find that I'm now at 23 weeks with the Bean Sprout, I thought it would be fun to strike the same pose in the same backyard with the same outfit on. Turns out I don't look any worse- which makes me feel a whole lot better about myself. The only difference is that my belly is a bit bigger and carrying a bit higher (more like a typical boy). Pretty cool, huh? :)

......LUCAS.......................& BABY GIRL......

3 comments:

Amy E. said...

You look great! That's awesome that you could take almost the exact same photo. Hang in there, hopefully the food aversions will wear off soon.

Anonymous said...

I think you are so incredibly beautiful! And that is not best friend bias either. It's plain truth! I love you!

Novice Nester said...

You look amazing. And you suck for not having aged one single bit...after a toddler!! Baby Girl is going to be gorgeous (though I can't imagine a baby more beautiful than Lucas).