Friday, December 7, 2007

Thoughtful baby (and husband! :) )

These are the flowers Lucas had delivered to me during a particularly challenging, cry-and-scream-filled day. I called Laith at around 1:00 that afternoon in tears because I couldn't get Lucas to calm down. He didn't want to nurse, be burped, be held, go for a car ride or be rocked/sit in swing. The infant gas drops didn't do anything. He was flailing his arms and legs, pushing me away, arching his back and wailing. This lasted for several hours and I felt like I just couldn't be a good mother to him. I guess Lucas overheard me and called FTD to send some beautiful roses that arrived a couple of hours later. Here's what his note said:
"Hi Mommy, I really love you but every time I squeeze my eyes and squish my face to tell you that, all that comes out is a scream. Sorry, I can't do anything else right now, but I would if I could! Love you!
-Lucas"

No comments: