Monday, March 21, 2011

A Post Written by Super Daddy

It has become apparent to me that I’ve inherited super powers, only bestowed upon those that become parents. Sort of like joining a secret club. I could not have imagined having these powers before my son was born. Now that I have a daughter as well it only increases my status as a super hero. What makes this so, you say? Below is a partial list of my abilities (I cannot reveal all; that might get me kicked out of the Super club)


1) I can fart in public and get away with it. That’s right, while holding either or better yet, both of my kids, I can tear it up and NO ONE is going to say anything to me (except maybe my wife, but she’s part of the club too).


2) I can make a pbj… while holding a kid in each arm, one that acts like an octopus climbing to the top of my head and the other kicking her legs watching that octopus-boy! I can even spread the peanut butter evenly, as my mastery of this skill allows me to take my time.

A note from the editor.... check out the photos below to see this skill in various stages of development. :)


3) I can eat square pretzels into the letters L, C, U, and P. Sort of like food sculpting with your teeth. Not impressed? You try it, and try it under pressure after you hear “Eat this one into a C and then an L, daddy!”. I laugh at you mere mortals just crunching away uncontrollably as I attempt to interpret the entire alphabet in baked salty snack form.

At some point in the future I may reveal more, but I think that’s enough for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome and funny. go laith!
but... let's see you nurse one and help the other with the toilet.
hehehehehe