Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tucson!



Lucas and I had a wonderful trip to Tucson while Laith did some work on our kitchen to get it closer to completion.

Lucas was great on the plane but it's always hard for him to get a decent nap in with the frequent stewardess/pilot announcements and loud talkers around us. Once he slips in the sleep department, it's a downward spiral. I was so exhausted from so many frequent wake-ups, tossing and turning (we shared a bedroom), and stubborn bedtime resistance dramas that I didn't take very many photos. I also didn't bring my pro camera with me because it's heavy and I didn't think I could manage the weight of a camera bag plus a toddler. I'm regretting that now because this was the first time in 5 years that my mom has had both my brother and I in her house at the same time. It should have been heavily documented! :)

It was great seeing Ryan and May for the short time our visits overlapped and hearing about their latest travels and experiences. Those two really live life to its fullest more than anyone else I know. Luckily, Ryan is a good photographer and when he shares his photos, we get a glimpse of what it must be like to charter a private boat out to James Bond Island in the south pacific, ride a baby elephant in the middle of the city, or party in the penthouse of a Las Vegas hotel. Needless to say, we had a good time catching up. Lucas took to May immediately and happily let her hold him and snuggled with her on the couch to watch cartoons.

Though it was rainy most of the time, Lucas and Meemom had good times together indoors- playing with his new fire engine toy, making crescent rolls (he calls them "popping rolls" after I told him we had to pop the cylinder open with a fork), reading books, and playing squealing bed-jumping games. As Lucas grows up, each visit is more fun than the last and we're looking forward to the next time already. :)




No comments: