Thursday, August 7, 2008

Imaginary Life

I'm copying this idea from my friend Ravyn's blog. I loved reading it and it inspired me to write my own! My rule for this post is that I can't mention anything that is reality for my life- so nothing about being a photograper or physical therapist or a mom, or married to the man of my dreams, etc.

Imaginary Life...
  • I am a puppy raiser and team trainer for Canine Companions for the Blind/Deaf/Physically Challenged. All my former puppies and owners keep in touch with me and send me Christmas cards so that I don't wonder about them or miss them too much.
  • I am a musical prodigy and can play any song on the guitar minutes after first hearing it. I have perfect pitch and a voice that makes your heart expand and your eyes widen.
  • I am a Christian scholar. My command of the Greek and Aramaic languages helps me shed light on the subtleties of the passages, context and culture of the original biblical writings. Though I'm very knowledgeable, I have lots of questions and love the mystery and grandeur of it all.
  • I am a travel writer for National Geographic. They send me and my whole family to beautiful places off the beaten path to experience local culture, cuisine and traditional festivals. They set us up in 4 or 5 star accommodations and of course we fly first class.
  • I am a dancer for Stomp. But I also have some mean salsa and swing moves. I have such energy and grace and presence that I'm often hired to dance in Gap ads.
  • I run fast.
  • I have a photographic memory.
  • I knit.
  • I have the skills. money, support staff and resources to empower others to
overcome an addiction
finish school
learn a trade
do what they love
take a risk
  • I can speak 5 languages: English, Spanish, Italian, Greek, and Aramaic.
  • I am a ropescourse facilitator. I'm not afraid of heights.
  • I am a captivating storyteller. I can weave the scariest ghost stories, know traditional folklore, and can recount hundreds of years of oral histories of my families and my community.
  • I am a superstar at Capture the Flag. I play in city-wide games complete with disguises, military-like tactics and good running shoes.
  • I can speak perfectly in any accent. Irish, Australian, Cockney English, Southern Belle, Western Canadian...
  • I'm so creative that it comes out of every pore. I'm like one of those street performers you see in Boulder- wearing crazy clothing and playing the didgeridoo. I leave art in my wake. I don't care what others think of me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, this IS really cool. I love it. We should add that in our imaginary lives we are professional sleepers. And we get paid to sleep. All the time. We report on how well rested and great we feel.

Here is that same comment without editing. This is honestly what I typed in my sleep dep state:
wow, this IS really coo. I lvoe it. We should ad that in our imaginry lives we are professional speelers. And weg et paid to sleep. All the time. We report on ho wwell reseted and gret we feel.