Sunday, November 11, 2007

Weekend Walking

The entire family went to the 45th and Bull Creek dogpark this morning. Lucas slept during the entire walk and Annie did a great job off-leash. The weather was perfect- breezy, sunny, and the smell of fallen leaves. Ahhh, I love autumn! This is such the perfect time of year to have a new baby. The sweltering heat of summer (half the year here in Austin) would've kept me cooped up inside since Lucas is a little furnace just like his Daddy. That would've driven me nuts in about 5 days. Wintertime here is usually good- but you never know when you're going to get ice storms and arctic winds. Also not good for new babies. So, during this perfect month of November, Lucas and I have been going on lots of walks in his carrier- smelling new smells and seeing new sights. I hope he grows up to enjoy the outdoors as much as Laith and I do. It's exciting to think about who Lucas will grow up to be- what his interests and strengths will be, what his voice will sound like, and what his personality will be. This is such a great adventure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are my hero! I am so glad you will be close by to encourage me through my transition to motherhood.