Saturday, August 8, 2009

Arizona!



A few weeks ago we visited Meemom and Uncle Paul in Tucson. We had a really wonderful visit (not counting Lucas' resistance to sleeping) and Lucas was so showered with love, attention and toys that I felt like I had a nice break from mommy-ing. It was great having a slower life (I didn't have to run errands, cook meals, or really do anything!) and spending good time with everyone.
We got to meet Boris (a huge 120 pound St. Bernard mix) and Lucas was in LOVE. Boris was so tolerant and was totally fine with Lucas patting him, lying on him, and screeching around him. Most dogs understandably act pretty skittish when Lucas lets out his "I'm SO excited!" banshee squeal.

Lucas really enjoyed the storytimes with Meemom and her amazing skills at bringing his stuffed animals to life. It brought back such good memories for me from when MY stuffed animals sang and danced and talked; and I was SO entertained by it that I felt like I was a little kid again.



Lucas also enjoyed time with Uncle Paul. He warmed up to him almost instantly (though not surprisingly... Paul has a gift with babies) and when I couldn't get Lucas to sleep that first night, as soon as Paul came back from his parents' house I handed him over and Lucas fell asleep in his arms after 2 books.
One of Lucas' favorite pasttimes in the house was riding a wooden rocking horse my mom built years and years ago. See how much he loves this horse? :)


Thanks for a fantastic visit, Mom and Paul! Can't wait to see you again in December!

No comments: