Saturday, February 2, 2008

Sportler!


Laith has been following a 5k training program for the past 4 weeks as a way to motivate himself to stay active and to improve his running. It's easy to let your activities slip away from you when you're all wrapped up in the daily doings of being new parents. Even though we do take Lucas on a hike nearly every weekend, we also need to do things that are fun for us more than just once every 7 days. Soooo, today was Laith's 5k race to see how the training paid off. Lucas and I cheered from the sidelines. He beat his goal he set for himself and is now excited to see how fast he can get over the next several months. His next goal is to beat 22 minutes. Go Laith!

I also went running today- for the first time since I was 9 weeks pregnant! It's been 10 months since I lengthened my stride into a run and even though I could only go half a mile I felt really good and light. I didn't want to just shuffle around the track- I wanted to actually run fast enough for my hair to blow back behind me so that I could see what my body could do. Fun! I want to keep up this pace and just increase the distance little by little. My first 5k will be March 15th and I'm not expecting to be able to run the whole thing- though that would be nice if I could.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whoa. Go Jenna! And Laith! Really impressive and inspiring. But now I am afraid to go for a walk with you...